Friday, April 9, 2010

local people doing local things

In a letter my mom sent me, she wrote, 'take pictures of local people doing local things'. Well, I have half of her request. These are pictures of local people doing local things, but I didn't take them. Emma had Pascal take many of these because sometimes the local people don't enjoy westerners talking photos of them or their children. Sometimes they ask for money as well. I would love to take pictures of the market at some point. It's always hard to decide when taking photos is appropriate.

Photobucket
They carry everything on their heads.

Photobucket
Or on bikes. Those are plantains, or green bananas as they call them.

Photobucket
A little boy with his toy.

Photobucket
A woman selling tomatoes on the side of the road.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Women carrying babies on their backs.

Photobucket
A man welding plastic containers for water.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment